What do you use??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I just wanted to start a thread to see what 'extra' equipment people use to help them in their daily lives as aquarists. It can be anything from a toothbrush to a piece of DIY equipment you made. Apart from the obvious essential equipment(filters, pumps, lights, media, dechlorinater), what do you use and feel is a piece of equipment that makes your aqua life that bit easier.
My 'extras' are;
A toothbrush.
Pantyhose.
A prefilter sponge.
Syringes.
A turkey baster!!
Feel free to add any of your 'extras' and ideas. Pictures and explanations more than welcome!!!!

One of the best purchases I have made is an algae cleaning magnet. Not having to get my entire arm wet to wipe down the glass is awesome. What I need next is some sort of grabber claw device.

One of the best purchases I have made is an algae cleaning magnet. Not having to get my entire arm wet to wipe down the glass is awesome. What I need next is some sort of grabber claw device.

Do they work? I've heard good and bad. Can you really give the glass a good scrub with it? I have a fair bit of algae that takes a bit of elbow grease to shift with my meagre little sponge. And I can't even reach all the way to the bottom!

Do they work? I've heard good and bad. Can you really give the glass a good scrub with it? I have a fair bit of algae that takes a bit of elbow grease to shift with my meagre little sponge. And I can't even reach all the way to the bottom!
They are great at keeping the glass clean, use them daily and it will keep the glass clean. You could also try gluing a hard bristle toothbrush(NEW) to a long piece of plastic or wood and you should be able to get to the hard to reach areas of the tank. No more wet hands:dance::dance:

They are great at keeping the glass clean, use them daily and it will keep the glass clean. You could also try gluing a hard bristle toothbrush(NEW) to a long piece of plastic or wood and you should be able to get to the hard to reach areas of the tank. No more wet hands:dance::dance:

Ha ha! Thanks Ian, great tip!

Also agree I use mine 2 times a well and it never builds up. My glass is crystal clear.. I have ca/ sa chiclids so I am constantly fighting messy eaters and I won't even get into the poop. But I recently put another canaster filter on the tank. My filstar xp is rated for a 175g but my tank is 125g so I got a fluval 405 to add too it and it made a huge difference...this is probibly common knowledge but thought I would put it out there.

Back
Top Bottom