What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ebjornsgard

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 5 gallon tank with a single pea puffer in it (no other fish, maybe a snail if it hasn't been eaten yet). I noticed this today when I went over to the tank. I hadn't noticed it before, and I was wondering if anyone knew what it was, and if it's not good for the tank, how to get rid of it. The little white flecks are congregated directly under the light, which is not super bright. I couldn't tell if they were moving and something alive, or that's just where the current stops and little debris pieces stop there. I thought probably the former, as its only ugly under the light. If it is something I need to get rid of quickly, I hoped to get it quickly.

IMG_3597.jpg

I checked my ammonia and nitrite with the API test kit a few days ago, both at 0. And I tested the nitrates with a test strip, 20-40 (I didn't have time with the kit). Everything else has been kept pretty stable, so no major fluctuations.

Here is what the tank looks like: IMG_3599.jpg

(P.S. Because I only have one pea puffer in it, and she's only been in there a few weeks, it usually looks empty. And the tank is fully cycled, I had another fish in it before her.)

Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks!

Looks like bubbles or crap? I have not seen live infestations like that.
A surface skimmer would take of that. You probably don't want to increase flow to deal with that due to puff.

Back
Top Bottom