What to do with a 29g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DragonFish71

Great white snark
I'm planning to move our spawning pair of firemouths into our 115 with some of their spawn (the older and larger babies) since it's going to be awhile before I get my africans for that tank.

That will leave me with an already cycled 29g, planted, with 3m black color quartz substrate.

My thoughts are peacock gudgeons and mini-rainbows like threadfins and furcatas with some von rio tetras.

Thoughts?

Instead of Threadfins and furcatas, you could do Dwarf neon rainbow (1m:2f Ratio), they are pretty active and look great. Also, ive heard that furcatas can be aggressive, Im not sure if this is true though.

What about some Dwarf shrimp Like Red cherry shrimp and Amano shrimp.?

Or try the gertrude rainbows. they are my favorite like guppies on steroids. I really like the dwarf neons though too, but I have heard that they like a longer tank rather than tall.

Instead of Threadfins and furcatas, you could do Dwarf neon rainbow (1m:2f Ratio), they are pretty active and look great. Also, ive heard that furcatas can be aggressive, Im not sure if this is true though.

What about some Dwarf shrimp Like Red cherry shrimp and Amano shrimp.?

We've had furcatas before and they weren't very aggressive at all. I'm actually going to add some neon rainbows to our angelfish tank in the future which is why I didn't add them as possible stock for the 29. As for shrimp, we already have a RCS tank. :)

Or try the gertrude rainbows. they are my favorite like guppies on steroids. I really like the dwarf neons though too, but I have heard that they like a longer tank rather than tall.

I would love gertrudes but can't find them out here very often. last time I saw them they were at $15.00 each and that's been about a year ago.

Wow. They sell gertrude's at my LFS when they have them for $6 bucks. Must be lucky, but I have seen them online for $3 bucks not including shipping. Any of the blue eyed variety would be awesome for a 29 gallon though.

I haven't ever had shrimp but they are really cool. They have a red clawed shrimp?, with the gertrudes at my lfs and they are really neat too.

Back
Top Bottom