when to release fry into the main tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
:-? I have some guppy fry that were born on nov. 7th I only have one male and he is showing nice color and I have a few females that are the same age I was just wondering if It would be safe enough to let them loose in my 100 gal. tank with my other fish
Fish are long finned rosey barbs, lemon tetras, red sarpea tetras, neon tetras,male guppies, female guppies, male molly , female mollies, a clown loach ,flying fox, bn pleco, emeral green cories, my tank has a few live plants and several fake plants with several pieces of drift wood.
I know that this should probably be in the breeding forum but I don't seem to get many response as quick as I do in this forum.
Thanks for your help.
Tess

I think the rosy barbs would make short work of anything but fully grown guppies Tess.

thanks brianNY Iwill keep them in the fry tank for now. How many fry do you think I can keep in a 5 gallon tank right now there are about 12 fry in there but mt two momma guppies are about to drop.

thanks tess

I have a ten gallon tank but no light and really no place to set itup at the moment but I will start working on it. I guess I could have my ten gallon tank for a fry grow out tank and my five gallon for a betta tank again poor guy he has been in a breeder net in my big tank since we started having fry. My husband is going to freak( he he)

well I ended up taking my rosey barbs back to the lfs ( they are a great group of people) They gave me store credit for them. I turned my bigger guppy fry lose in the main tank and none of the other fish are bothering them at this time. And my momma guppy just had 12 more babies, I also have another momma that is about to drop. It is a good thing that my lfs said that they would give me store credit for them once they start to show color or are bigger. My boys as well as me enjoy they fry I am going to try to get more males they are so pretty but I don't know if I want that many more females. Well just thought I would share what was going on.

Tess

Back
Top Bottom