Where to buy driftwood?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm going to be doing a big cleaning (100% water change, maybe moving stuff around, scrubbing the sides...ect.) and while I was doing all that I wanted to add some more driftwood. I have a small piece in there already, but I was wanting a larger piece. My tank is a 55g, so would an 8-12" piece be too big? Could I get a bigger piece? Also where would you recommend to get the driftwood? Thanks!!

I've seen lovely tanks done with massive pieces of wood that stuck up out of the tank, and others with a few scattered little bits among the rocks and plants. Kind of depends what you like the look of, and what you can fit through the opening at the top of the tank.

I've seen wood for sale through some online shops, but I much prefer to pick pieces in person, if possible, so I don't have any links handy (Google?). Local fish shops are where I usually find stuff I like... but sometimes it takes a while, checking multiple shops or driving half-way across the city to get to a shop I know carries a good selection.

Our LFS has a big bin of Malaysian driftwood. I'd check at local stores.

Back
Top Bottom