Which hang on filters are more quiet, Aquaclear 70 or Fluval C4?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't see any water bypass issue. just cause 1 person said it on a different forum doesn't make it true. You can use water polishing pads on the aquaclears just like you can on the c4...along with alot more bio media and more room for chemical media if you choose to use it.

another thing ppl failed to mention is that the fluval c4 also has a lesser flow rate than an AC 70.

c4 = 264GPH
AC 70 = 300 gph
AC 110 = 500 gph
blows both of them out of the water, and is alot bigger in size so that you can add alot more media in any combination you choose

Dude is all about that c4.. it's just ok... wait until I review this finnex 360 I just got.. hob brackets included. Oh boyoboy...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't see any water bypass issue. just cause 1 person said it on a different forum doesn't make it true. You can use water polishing pads on the aquaclears just like you can on the c4...along with alot more bio media and more room for chemical media if you choose to use it.

another thing ppl failed to mention is that the fluval c4 also has a lesser flow rate than an AC 70.

c4 = 264GPH
AC 70 = 300 gph
AC 110 = 500 gph
blows both of them out of the water, and is alot bigger in size so that you can add alot more media in any combination you choose
The water comes in on the left side and then can go right through the side of the basket and through the finger hold then out the top without ever going through the media. How much actually does idk.

The water comes in on the left side and then can go right through the side of the basket and through the finger hold then out the top without ever going through the media. How much actually does idk.

thats what I mean though, this is all hear say. People need to form their own opinions. You should see my AC 70 when I had my blood parrots how gunked up they would get, if there was such a bypass issue this would never happen

☆☆☆☆if you properly maintain your ac filter they will come☆☆☆☆
For all that say hogwash?? Allow me to upload a YouTube video of my weekly cleanings from here on... lazy will always result in bypass... think ozwalt said that.. maybe Bernie Mac??

Every other month or so.

your throwing part of your bio filter in the garbage every other month. This is why we recommend aquaclear filters, you just ring out the sponges in tank water and reuse them. Its better for the fish (no bio filtration lost) it's also cheaper..no need to buy replacement cartridges

your throwing part of your bio filter in the garbage every other month. This is why we recommend aquaclear filters, you just ring out the sponges in tank water and reuse them. Its better for the fish (no bio filtration lost) it's also cheaper..no need to buy replacement cartridges

Oh ok! Maybe I'll get one next time

Oh ok! Maybe I'll get one next time

Get some cut to fit foam and a.bag of biomax.. pimp that aqueon son..

Dude is all about that c4.. it's just ok... wait until I review this finnex 360 I just got.. hob brackets included. Oh boyoboy...

Lol but thats a canister :p

thats what I mean though, this is all hear say. People need to form their own opinions. You should see my AC 70 when I had my blood parrots how gunked up they would get, if there was such a bypass issue this would never happen
It's not har say, I thought the same thing when I got mine, I could make a video... Yes the bottom impeller area is kind of blocked off but as it pressurizes the water it fills the area above the impeller around the intake tube, any water in this area is free to go right through the side of the media basket or over the top and right out of the tank, I'm not saying its a huge issue, the filter still works great. I would estimate the loss at <10% maybe 15% on a filter baddly needing a cleaning but its still an issue the C4's design doesn't have.

We are sort of pointlessly arguing over the 2 best HOB's on the market tho.

Every other month or so.

I replace mine when they are plugged, and the purigen when its brown, the every month thing comes from the carbon which isn't really necessary.

I have so many filters, I just wash the **** things in tap, idk how I would ever get my AC110 sponge clean with tank water, takes like 10 min of squezing it under fresh running water to get it clean, but I also have a Cobalt EXT and a Whisper 30-60 on the tank and I don't clean them all at the same time so it works pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom