which kind of light is better?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
be_1_b.JPG

or
NEWJebo48inchlights.jpg

and is there any difference in quality? or just the light bulb? are 1 bulb more expensive?

what kinds of bulbs are in the first one? are they T-5's?
the second one looks like 4X55w CF thats alot of light.. they should be more expensive than the first one..

err i meant like,,, the type of light. same amout of wattage and everything. i dont know the 1st ones.

the tops are ho. im using them for my 29 gallon which im hoping to put some plants into

what kind of bulbs do you have in there? do you know there K value? how many watts are they? I didnt realize you had these already.. :mrgreen:

oh i didnt, i looked on another auction that has the same light. lol.

1's 12000k and the other ones actinic.

You might want to look into getting some plant bulbs or 5000-6500K up to 10,000K are
suppose to be ok, bulbs for it.. Do you know the wattage:?:

id probally mess it up and end up buying a light anyway :). theres a good deal. a year old jebo something. 2 55 wat bulbs. 10$ shipping.

or i could go for the new jebo odyssea for 48 watts.

im planning on having one light actinic so it wont be as bright.

and how low of watts can you go when like one goes out? maybe 30 for a 55 watt bulb? and how high can you go? like 65? just wondering because i might have to replace the bulbs soon

it depends on the ballast they have installed.. if your wanting to change the wattage of the bulbs you almost need to know enough to build one..LOL
I have a link for the ballast for 25 bucks!!!! LOL come on you know you want to DIY it!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

yeah... but the last 50 things i did i wasted my money and ended up just buying one :lol:

No patience.. ohh well. If I just went out a bought stuff Id be up and running but I wouldnt be nearly as satisfied with the result.. I understand the need to get things done though.. :mrgreen:

when i get older and i have the tools i might consider it... but the only thing i have now is a old solder thingy (dont even know if it works) and a drill.

When you get older? Do you still live with your parents.. Are you old enough to be using power tools, like a circular saw?
8O 8O

Back
Top Bottom