Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

White fantail goldfish turning yellow HELP!

Hi everyone!

I was looking at my goldfish today and noticed that my white and orange fantail, Dot, is turning a yellowish color on her head. I remember reading somewhere that certain types of foods can turn white goldfish a yellowish color and was wondering if anyone knew more? Or if they could help me figure out what the problem is? I have recantly started feeding them Repashy Soilent Green and freeze dried bloodworms along with various fruits and veggies. So far spinach is one of their favorite veggies. Still trying to find other favorites. They have live plants that they have been munching on more lately. I have a T5 light on and the tank is being filtered very well with regular water changes and an air stone.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Old 11-16-2012, 03:04 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Juvenile and even adult goldies can go through many different color morphs in their lifetime.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
jlk
Aquarium Advice Addict

+1
Unless you were feeding a speciality food meant to enhance reds (which you are not), its a completely normal color change. Expect many more as they age. Good job on feeding the Repashy!! I would consider switching the bloodworms to frozen ones though- the dried ones contain zero nutrition & can cause floatiness.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:57 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk
+1
Unless you were feeding a speciality food meant to enhance reds (which you are not), its a completely normal color change. Expect many more as they age. Good job on feeding the Repashy!! I would consider switching the bloodworms to frozen ones though- the dried ones contain zero nutrition & can cause floatiness.
Thanks! I went ahead and got frozen ones today def don't want any swim bladder issues

Tags
fantail, goldfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com