Who wants to clean food off my sand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

picture_117

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 20 gallon with 10 Rasbora and 2 GBR. Can I add something that cleans the bottom of the tank? not necessarily in terms of fish waste but fish food.

cory catfish are great at eating left over food and they will fit with your tank mates. they are a schooling fish to so try to get a group of them.

Well I was thinking panda or julii Cory but I was told they wouldn't be compatible with the GBR since they're both bottom dwellers. It's a GBR pair btw.

you will have room for cories if you have a twenty long

Yes I vacuum regularly and feed properly, I'm not saying I have a bunch of food at the bottom of my tank or I feed to much :hide: I just wanted something that when the food falls, as my GBR don't eat the same food I feed the Rasboras, and they never venture down. There's someone there to eat it! (y) Also not trying to get a replacement for cleaning if this is what it sounds like hehe.

Yes I vacuum regularly and feed properly, I'm not saying I have a bunch of food at the bottom of my tank or I feed to much :hide: I just wanted something that when the food falls, as my GBR don't eat the same food I feed the Rasboras, and they never venture down. There's someone there to eat it! (y) Also not trying to get a replacement for cleaning if this is what it sounds like hehe.

Sorry just checking. :) I have Panda Corys in a 20 high and they're always at the bottom sifting the sand for food. They have sensitive barbels though and may not do well in certain gravels or stones for substrate if they are sharp. Maybe shrimp, I'm guessing they would eat from the bottom too?

Yeah hehe I should have mentioned it in the first post. Well I wanted some panda or julii cory, would they work with my stock? and if not I can get shrimp, I don't think GBR eat them lol.

Back
Top Bottom