Who's the bad guy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jackie443

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi

I have a 180l freshwater tank that has been going since Sept last year. Recently there has been some fish that have sustained injuries and one fish which has totaly vanished.

I have:

3 Balloon Mollys
10 Neons
5 Cory Sterbai
1 Julii
1 Panda Cory
2 schwartz Corys
5 Zebra Danios
1 Golden Algae Eater
2 Yo Yo Loaches
1 Bull Dog Plec
4 Guppies.

So recently I lost a Golden Algae Eater (Totaly Vanished), two of my danios have sustained an injury which they seem to be recovering from, one Neon has lost an eye and today my beloved Bulldog Plec (Big Bad Barry) seems to be injures also!!!

I think I may know who the culprit is but can anyone offer adivce and let me know who you think is the tank bully. Its upsetting seeing them poorly!.

THanks

JAckie:confused:

Hi Jetajockey

No my tank has a hood so he could't have jumped out. I'm guessing he's dies/been killed and then been eaten. I test my tank weekly and ammonia etc are 0 ph 7.5.

Hi

The two danios had like open wounds like a cut. The neon lost an eye and the plec looks like someone has had a nibble at his fins, I cant see him that close up. I'm doing water changes every 7-10 days. I think the fish are happy enough as my corys are laying eggs etc but just not sure where they are getting the injuries from.

Thanks

I've had CAE's that have gone rogue as they get older, but I don't know if that's the case here. Whats your nitrate reading? Sometimes things like fin issues can come up because of something in the water, that's why I ask.

Hi,

My nitrates are close to 0, I;m a bit fanatical about testing and have all the kits, had a closer look at the bulldog and looks like it may not be an injury it looks like he has sand stuck to him! Weird I know. The Yoyo loaches are the boistrous pests of the tank so I had suspected them but never seen any aggression from them. Ill just need to hope nothing else happens.

Thanks

JAckie

Back
Top Bottom