Why does my AquaClear 200 keep on blocking up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hi all

Wonder if you have any ideas/ suggestions for me. I have a 100 litre tank and an AquaClear 200 in it. However the filter keeps on stopping working. When I take it out and clean it - it works again but there is never a substantial amount of dirt in it. This happened on average once a week but is now happening every other day.

Any ideas as to what could be causing it?

Thanks!

I am not sure - everytime I find it - the motor is no longer running. Maybe it stops drawing water and then shuts down so that it doesn't overheat or something?

I found this a common problem with Aqua Clear filters. It happens because air somehow gets into the motor due to low level of water in tank (in correct submersion) or not enough water being in the media container when filter is running.

Ducas makes a good point. Also- you may want to check to make sure the impellor is seated properly in the filter. I'd also go over every part of the filter to make sure there aren't any cracks in the intake tube and everything is set up properly (it sounds silly, but I've often had "bad" hardware, only to find out I didn't have something set properly). :wink:

Ok, I will check and let you know. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom