Why oh why do I keep shopping at petsmart?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You may get better results posting a new thread in sick/disease as this threads topic is far different.

True True! but their is not much more that i can do now for that sick fish.. besides just watch the others continue to treat with melafix, and perform water changes once to twice a day i will just let it be for now.. and hope that whatever it is does not spread to the others in Qt.. i just thought it was interesting and wandering if any others of you out there had seen this..? Thanks for all of yall's comments though they are greatly appreciated

Hugh what might be the name of these places might have to stop by one of them I'm sure my wife would be thrilled if I showed up with a 150g for our apt she would have a cow
The best place for large tanks is definitely Craigslist. Bide your time and you'll get a 150 for $200 and if your lucky they'll throw in all kinds of equipment

Check it out good, watch for scratches and if they're willing have it filled with water. If not...set it up outside your home and test it, leaks are easy to fix if you can empty the tank at will.

Good luck

The best place for large tanks is definitely Craigslist. Bide your time and you'll get a 150 for $200 and if your lucky they'll throw in all kinds of equipment

Thanks i might have to keep that in mind when i get ready for a upgrade which i'm sure will be sooner rather than later!

Hehe, when the wife's done chewing up your $ss the landlord will finish off anything she left.

Keep on falling back on that man's home is his castle thingy :lol:

Check it out good, watch for scratches and if they're willing have it filled with water. If not...set it up outside your home and test it, leaks are easy to fix if you can empty the tank at will.

Good luck

I could not agree any more !!!! Thursday I picked up a two month old Fluval 306 filter. Daughter got fish in March, lost interest in May and daddy sold everything off. It lists for $169 Petco/PetSmart and I scored it for $65. Cha Ching !!!!! ???

You may want Chlorox before putting it in active duty though.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Hehe, when the wife's done chewing up your $ss the landlord will finish off anything she left.

Keep on falling back on that man's home is his castle thingy :lol:

Lol !!! So true about the landlord also. I asked for permission first, got it written into my lease, and pulled a yearly insurance policy for $265. It specifically covers water damage from a fish tank up to $50,000.

Just a thought, but my Petsmart is always having sales on fish.

Just yesterday they did buy 4 get 2 free in addition to the 15% off sale that's still going on.

I picked up 6 Julii Corys and 2 Glo Danios for $20. The other LFS would have charged me $5 per Cory.

Just a thought, but my Petsmart is always having sales on fish.

Just yesterday they did buy 4 get 2 free in addition to the 15% off sale that's still going on.

I picked up 6 Julii Corys and 2 Glo Danios for $20. The other LFS would have charged me $5 per Cory.

Yeah They do have some pretty great deals maybe i'm just gun shy.. but it kinda scares me when i see them marked down.. makes me wander why are they sick and just trying to get rid of them.. or been in their tanks for way to long and need new stock(thus prolonged stress) ha probably not the case but for some reason makes me a little nervous haha

Food for thought here. The big chains all run a common filtration system for their entire setup. I was at Petco yesterday for the hell of it and noticed 3 tanks with signs that said "I'm not feeling well and cannot travel for the next few days". One of the placarded tanks had ich. Bottom line, when one is sick it will travel throughout with a common filtration system in place.

Edit : Moral of the story is if you're gonna buy from them, QT is basically a non avoidable practice. Just my opinion.

Food for thought here. The big chains all run a common filtration system for their entire setup. I was at Petco yesterday for the hell of it and noticed 3 tanks with signs that said "I'm not feeling well and cannot travel for the next few days". One of the placarded tanks had ich. Bottom line, when one is sick it will travel throughout with a common filtration system in place.

Edit : Moral of the story is if you're gonna buy from them, QT is basically a non avoidable practice. Just my opinion.

Yeah that's the scary thing i knew they ran a common filtration system i don't ever know if it's 9 on the same one or 12 tanks per filtration system.. at mine goldfish have their own and and tropicals have two different ones.. but i'm glad they have a sign saying their fish are not feeling well i am yet to see a sign on my petsmarts tanks that their sick.. :( just gotta look very closely

Wal-Mart takes the cake when it comes to poor fish care. And apparently pricing, too. They had tiger barbs for almost $3 at .75 inches, twice what petco and pets mart charge. Also take note of the aquarium size recommendation.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402248916704.jpg
    1402248916704.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 76
Nice 5gallons! Guess it would be a good way to cut back on aggression over crowding ha would only have to put 2 in a 5

The PetSmash in McCalla, AL has ALL of theirs on a common sump. I bet the one in Hoover also does the same. The six tetras I got there today were almost clear, but they were lively, as were the (last) two I got in McCalla.

Good! I like the one in hoover theirs are usually pretty clean and fish usually look pretty good on 280 however I would be cautious none of my are looking good I would be surprised if one survived

Mine got their flavor back within an hour. Still they should be in better shape.

Yeah They do have some pretty great deals maybe i'm just gun shy.. but it kinda scares me when i see them marked down.. makes me wander why are they sick and just trying to get rid of them.. or been in their tanks for way to long and need new stock(thus prolonged stress) ha probably not the case but for some reason makes me a little nervous haha

Just wanted to comment on this as another Petsmart employee, this is definitely not the case! :)

Sales and clearances are the same at every store. Corporate controls our prices, we have no say...managers can give discounts for specific items/fish on request if they feel it's a valid reason, but that's it!

Just wanted to comment on this as another Petsmart employee, this is definitely not the case! :)

Sales and clearances are the same at every store. Corporate controls our prices, we have no say...managers can give discounts for specific items/fish on request if they feel it's a valid reason, but that's it!

Thanks for replying it gives me a little more piece of mind to know that!:)

Yeah, my Petsmart had small Common Plecos on sale for $1...only problem was there weren't any small ones available.

The girl helping was cool and gave me one of the medium sized ones for the small size price lol.

Back
Top Bottom