Will my faucet be compatible with the Aqueon water changer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoe928

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I'm new here. I've finally decided to invest in a water changer because well... buckets suck and is extremely hard on a short person, haha.

I bought the 25ft python water changer that included their special adapter that would "fit 95% faucets" but... it didn't fit a single one in my house... only the hose, but it didn't reach outside. Yes, I took off the tap washer thing but the adapter was too big and didn't fit. I need them to fit my bathroom faucets since they're the closet source of water from my tank. So I'm going to try out Aqueon this time, but I was hoping if anyone could maybe tell me if theirs will work. Here's how my faucet looks:

2vmv6n6.jpg

xgjewm.jpg

It's a pretty new design so I'm really not sure if it's too new and small to fit any of these water changes. I'm kinda desperate for one since I've got a screwed up hip and back, but somehow have to get these water changes done :ermm:
Anyone got any suggestions or opinions if it'll fit, or maybe what I can do to make it fit?

I have a faucet somewhat like that one, and it works for me. First thing is to see if you can remove the part of the faucet that holds that little screen, if you can remove it then measure the threads

I returned the Python because there was no way to get it to fit. Even their adapter was too large for my faucet, and I removed everything I could but it still wouldn't fit. I wasn't sure if the Aqueon is pretty much the same thing with the same adapter, but just a different brand.
@Zimmanski- I'm unsure of what you mean... I removed the washer so when I took it off, all you saw was the inside threads of the faucet but it was too small of an opening for the adapter to fit into. There was nothing else to remove... Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

I returned the Python because there was no way to get it to fit. Even their adapter was too large for my faucet, and I removed everything I could but it still wouldn't fit. I wasn't sure if the Aqueon is pretty much the same thing with the same adapter, but just a different brand.
@Zimmanski- I'm unsure of what you mean... I removed the washer so when I took it off, all you saw was the inside threads of the faucet but it was too small of an opening for the adapter to fit into. There was nothing else to remove... Sorry, I'm a bit confused.

Yes sorry, I didn't see that part of your original post. Since you are able to remove that then just measure the male threads. If its not the right size for the python or aqueon water changer then a trip to lowes or Home Depot should get you the adapter you need.

I use my shower pipe with my Aqueon water changer. Needed a $1.50 part from Ace, but it works fine.

When I moved and found and I had a wonky fine-threaded faucet, I took the old tip and my water changer attachment to Home Depot. Took about 10 minutes but the guy found all the various parts I needed to make the water changer work on it (in my case, I ended up with a sort of garden hose male to small fine threaded female deal).

So if you find yourself at a loss, just haul the important bits down to somewhere and have an expert figure it out for you.

So basically I just need to unscrew that one piece and bring that and the hose adapter to the store?
If so, then boy do I sound clueless :p Sorry, I'm not good at this at all.

If you unscrew the aerator and take it with you to the hardware store tell them what your fixing to do and they will help

ah okay, thank you all for the help! Hoping to retire the bucket method soon with this :p

If you unscrew the aerator and take it with you to the hardware store tell them what your fixing to do and they will help

Yes take the part to the changer that attaches and the screen mesh piece to the hardware store. I needed a male to male connector (hose size to 1/2"). $5 and worth it because it worked like a charm

Every time I go into an Ace, I have to fend off sales associates trying to help me with a stick. They'll take care of you if you bring them the parts in question.

I have both 'official' adopters for the aqueon and the python. I screwed the plastic Aqueon adopter in too tight, so I ended up getting the metal python adopter. Both adopters are the SAME size, so I would go with the advice already given and go to your DIY store and bring everything except the hose, with you....

Back
Top Bottom