Worlds quietest air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eco23

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, I've got my new Fluval 405 humming quietly in the cabinet, the loud Tetra Whisper EX70 HOB is stashed in the basement. Everything is nice, peaceful and serene except for the bzzzzzzzz from the Top Fin air pump.

I'm looking to keep an air pump for aesthetic reasons, so functionality doesn't matter other than the fact I need to run 2 air stones off one unit (using a splitter), and for it to be quiet.

I'm looking at the Tetra Whisper 60, even though I swore I'd never buy another Tetra product, and their "Whisper" HOB sounded like a freight train.

Any really quiet air pumps you can recommend? Thanks.

I just bought the Tetra Whisper 40 and it's pretty loud. I don't have anything to compare it to, but I actually set the timer to only run air at night because I find it pretty annoying during the day (the tank is in my office at work).

eco23 said:
So, I've got my new Fluval 405 humming quietly in the cabinet, the loud Tetra Whisper EX70 HOB is stashed in the basement. Everything is nice, peaceful and serene except for the bzzzzzzzz from the Top Fin air pump.

I'm looking to keep an air pump for aesthetic reasons, so functionality doesn't matter other than the fact I need to run 2 air stones off one unit (using a splitter), and for it to be quiet.

I'm looking at the Tetra Whisper 60, even though I swore I'd never buy another Tetra product, and their "Whisper" HOB sounded like a freight train.

Any really quiet air pumps you can recommend? Thanks.

I had a tetra whisper and gave it away, because the noise. Then I bought a "Petco" branded one, it's white, and believe or not, is very quiet!!

If we're on filters... I like the aqueon quietflow... I don't even hear it! (just the water dripping out.. And that is very relaxing.) who knows... There might be an air pump for it.

I bought the Tetra WHisper too; figured it would be quiet hence the name. But no, very loud vibration sound even with the TV on, was driving me nuts. Returned it and got the Top Fin brand, much better.

Due to issues with my cichlids stirring up sand and it causing my filter to jam I went and got an air pump just to keep the water oxygenated in the event it jammed while I was at work or something (since shortened my pickup tube and no issues since) I got a tetra whisper and it's absolutely silent. I have it on the floor and away from walls and my stand but with it's rubber feet the only way I know it's running is the stream of bubbles in my tank.

Back
Top Bottom