would it be ok to set a 20G long near an outside wall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bobc4d

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking about getting a 20G long for my Betta, I would have to set the tank up first and the only location I have would be near an outside wall, prolly about 12-18 inches. I live in SE Texas so during our overnight "winter" temps rarely get into the 20's. the house heat runs from 70F to 74F. I have left my laptop in a soft carry case about the same distance and it is cool to the touch. also there is a window where it would go, but faces northeast so no direct sunlight hits it, just a bit of ambient light from sky and neighbors home.

so would it be ok to set the tank up near an outside wall? the house has a solid concrete foundation.

Ditto! And I'm sure he'll appreciate the big tank; it may even keep him entertained if there is movement outside.

David

totally fine.I live on the east coast of Canada. This year we've had 2-3 weeks of -22F and lower. My tank is on an outside wall and it's by a window. I run a heater all year but as it gets colder I usually need to adjust it a bit by turning it up for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom