Yet another fish id needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I ordered 6 furcata online a few weeks ago. All were doa. Replacements arrived today, 2 of whatever these fish are might live. So frustrated. Same place that shipped a CAE instead of an oto.

Anyhow, anyone know what fish this is? Just under 2" long and definitely does not have blue eyes.

Thanks.

img_3160822_0_605cbd286603f97ff66d0616ffbbd12f.jpg

Was just looking at their site to see what other rainbows they sell...any chance it's a featherfin?

The blurry fish in the background is definitely a furcata, I really don't think these two are.

Arizona Aquatic Gardens.

Just looked at pics on Seriouslyfish.com and I'm almost positive it's not a furcata. Even if it was a female it doesn't have blue eyes, neither of them.

This is one of the fish I currently have and thought was furcata (a bit blurry, they're zippy little fish!)

img_3160923_0_22e5fd60a782b3aaf8c168dc2d50381d.jpg

Here's another shot of mystery fish:

img_3160923_1_ba423686ecda01fab54f53c1499418ae.jpg

Hmm. Yeah, it does look like the werneri, threadfin. Shame you didn't get what you ordered but still a cool little fish.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks for you help. This is just so frustrating. This was my second-and last-order with them. Check out the problems:

-Shipped CAE instead of oto
-Shipped 2 CPDs instead of sparkling gouramis
-All 6 furcata died within 12 hours of arrival in a QT
-Nerite snail died

And the replacement order:

-6 furcata, which are actually threadfins, 5 doa
-4 pygmy rasboras, 2 doa

Ugh, the last one is really struggling. I set up a small tank for it :(

Thanks for you help. This is just so frustrating. This was my second-and last-order with them. Check out the problems:

-Shipped CAE instead of oto

-Shipped 2 CPDs instead of sparkling gouramis

-All 6 furcata died within 12 hours of arrival in a QT

-Nerite snail died

And the replacement order:

-6 furcata, which are actually threadfins, 5 doa

-4 pygmy rasboras, 2 doa

Wow that is terrible. Do they offer refunds at all or just store credit?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Personally I would rather have the werneri, but all of the mishaps suck, who are you ordering from so hopefully nobody here make the mistake of ordering through them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Theresa I'm so sorry! What an awful ordeal.
The shape of the mouth on your mystery fish makes me think it's a killi, but I could be totally off

It ended up being a female threadfin. She died about an hour ago, I feel awful about it :(

Aw man. I'm sorry.

Well, she was in a nice comfortable tank instead of the nasty water they shipped in. She had colored up a bit and even ate, that's why I had hope. Still waiting to hear from the site folks.

Back
Top Bottom