Wanted: 60 X 26 X 18 Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
My have an emergency on my hands, I just noticed the top strap of my fish tank is broke. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

So it apprear I am in need of a replacement. Just don't know how long this will last.

You can replace the whole top rim or patch the broken center brace. You'll need to know which brand the tank is, a Marineland rim won't fit an All Glass tank. Might be a good idea to lower the water level to about 2/3 if possible in the meantime.

Most major manufacturers put a label on the tank somewhere, in my experience. It's usually up top in the middle, underneath the top trim, or down on the bottom middle of the tank, underneath the bottom center brace between the plastic and the glass.

If you can still replace the trim www.glasscages.com sells the trim. All you need is the dimensions of the tank. You need to get that fixed ASAP! On the left side of the home page under Misc. are tank frames. You may have to call them and find out if they have the one for your tank.

In the meantime you can brace it. You can also swap out the bottom trim piece to the top as it should have a center brace which isn't necessary for the bottom of the tank.

Last edited:
If you can still replace the trim www.glasscages.com sells the trim. All you need is the dimensions of the tank. You need to get that fixed ASAP! On the left side of the home page under Misc. are tank frames. You may have to call them and find out if they have the one for your tank.

Those guys are stupid with a capital S. Read their warranty on line. Plus they don't have a top strap for my tank.:nono:

In the meantime you can brace it. You can also swap out the bottom trim piece to the top as it should have a center brace which isn't necessary for the bottom of the tank.

If I go that far it's going to be to replace the tank, I'm not about to tanke the bottom off of it.:nono:

Taking the old trim off intact is difficult at best, it's siliconed to the glass all around. I replaced the top trim on a 55, then the replacement broke several years later and the tank finally sprung a leak at one top corner. It's still sitting empty, was replaced with a used tank with a stronger brace. Marineland tanks have a solid top trim, AllGlass has a weaker brace that doesn't hold up as long/well.

Back
Top Bottom