Wanted: Looking for ground cover

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fdsh5

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for some plants to use as ground cover in my 20 g shrimp tank. I have 45 watts of light on it so whatever would fit in that category would be great. Not picky at all. I am looking for something the shrimp can hide in. I already have java moss in one corner. I want to change it up. Please reply or pm me. Thanks

What's the K rating on your bulb? The spectrum will have a lot to do with what you can grow too, so anything above 6500K will be good. But here's a few to look at, and if you go to plantgeek.net, there's are many to choose from.

Dwarf hairgrass
Glosso
Microsword

I don't think you would have much luck getting a ground cover out of dhg or glosso with that light. I think both would grow more up than out. The best bet ime with that lighting would be the microsword, and even it may spread slowly.

I can toss in a few small starts of glosso with the wisteria if you want to try it and see how it does. If it doesn't work, you won't be out anything.

Back
Top Bottom