Money troubles, breaking down the fishroom 4 sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davoz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I HATE to do this :( but family comes first. My wife and I recently had our second child :D and she wants to stay home with both kids (3mth & 3yr). I've been looking for a 2nd job to with no success at the moment and the transmission just went out on my blazer ($1500). Money is tight and I need cash fast so it all has to go. I will not ship due to the weather getting cold and I don't have any heat packs.

Aquariums
55gal (with hood & lights)
55gal (DIY stand & canopy)
40gal
30gal (Oceanic with hood& lights)
30 gal (with overflow & hood)
25gal
20gal long x 4
20gal high x 2
15gal
10gal x 4

Filters
Emporer 400 x 3
Aquaclear 300
Aquaclear 125?
Whisper 40-60 x 4
Whisper 10 x 4
Sponge Filters (20g) x 2
Millenium 1000
Aqua? HOB canister (similar to Magnum 350) x 2 (1 needs new top & seal)
Powerheads x 4
Seaclone Skimmer
Heaters x 9
Air Pumps x 5
Misc Lights

Fish/Cichlids
Geophagus brasiliensis (Wild pair from Jeff Rapps)
Gymgeophagus balzanii (Wild J. Rapps) x 2
Copora nicaraguense (Wild or F1 Trio from J Rapps)
Pelvichromis pulcher “Yellow Kribs” x 8
Cynotilapia afra “Cobue” (Wild/F1) pair
Cynotilapia afra “Cobue” 1.5 inch fry x 10
Paralabidochromis sp “Rock krib” male
Nanochromis parilus trio (Wild)
Steatocranus tinanti trio
Neolamprologus leleupi x 6 (1.5-2inches)

Fish/Catfish
Corydoras barbatos x 2
Corydoras meleni (Wild trio)
Bunocephalus coracoideus “Banjo Cat” x 3
Synodontis ?

Fish/Others
Endlers Livebearer Pairs x 3
Dawn Platy x 3
Aphyosemion scheeli several pairs
Rosy Barb x 2
Beckford’s Pencil Fish x 1
Badis badis x 3

Plants
Amazon Sword (10-12in)
Amazon Swords (3-5in) x 4
Anubias nana x 2
Anibias ?
Java Moss
Red Wendth x 2
Red?
Tiger Lotus
Potted Lilies x 3

Did tranny go "OUT" out? I have used Sea Foam's "Trans Tune" to rescue trannies that have had entire gears go out, like reverse, etc

That stuff is amazing.

Of course it will only fix stuff that's stuck, if you have burned out clutch packs or whatever then it won't work

Just a small 2 cents worth - something to try so you dont have to ditch your fish?

Yeah, its drastic but I have no alternative right now. I have tossed back and forth on doing it for a week or so. My wife who is not a real animal lover knows how much this is killing me and told me not to do it but I gotta do what I gotta do. As I said the wife isn't working and bills are starting to pile up. I've just had a string of issues but my God will make a way. The transmissions reverse is "stripped" per the mechanic and its shifting real hard from 1st to 2nd.

Well I will be prayin for that to work out man.....

You just never know what is around the bend.

Paying bills is over rated anyway 8) hehe

Wow...that sucks! I really hate to hear about your troubles...I've been there too. Have you checked the junkyards for a tranny? If you have a later model Blazer, it's probably got a TH-700R4 tranny. I would think you could get one at a reasonable price with a guarantee...less than $1500 anyway. My experience with rebuilt transmissions has not been very good. In a pinch, you might be able to slide a TH 350 in there although you wouldn't have overdrive. Don't know if you've ever swapped a tranny but it's not a bad job. If you'll let me know what year Blazer it is and what engine you have, I'll make some calls around here if you want. I know a few of the junkyard owners and might get a little better deal on one. I live about 100 miles north of Atlanta in Chatsworth, Ga. I'd get a second opinion at the least and STAY AWAY from the franchise shops...Mr Transmission, ect... They will rip you off! If you're willling to bring it this far, Carrol Sullivan at State Line Transmission in Dalton, Ga is the best there is. He's built several for me and they are the only rebuilt trannies I've gotten any service from. HTH.

Hey, I work at a Chevy dealership in Alabama. If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know!

:hat:

What a great community we have here! Davoz I hope it works out in the end, which things usually do. I'd keep atleast 1-55gal or the stress of giving up your hobby might be higher than its worth. Start in the paper with the smaller tanks and move up you may be good financially before you get to the 55s. Family should come over that last 55 but work up to it.

Yeah, if MACATUA could get you a deal on a tranny, that's not too far to drive. My wifes daddy lives in Albertville, Al...she could go visit for a weekend, meet MAC close to there, and bring it back up here. I would be willing to haul it down to Atlanta for you if you don't have a way to go get it. There's got to be a way we can help ease the pain a little on the tranny anyway. Can't help you with getting the wife back to work though...kids are more important anyway.

I can no tfind the words to describe how I feel about all of you. Its amazing. I am one of those people who has a hard time putting faith into people but all of you have changed my mind. I pray blessings over all of you.

Its a 98 blazer
4x4
4.3 liter engine

The transmission shop will rebuild the tranny andd it comes to $1300-$1500. If I can find a cheap one I may be able to get it put in local.

That would maybe be a 4L60E trans I think?

More expensive rebuild because OD and electronic.

But I am sure it will work out great ... sounds like Logan and Mac are gunning for ya.... (y)

Remember Romans 8:28

FYI One of my fishgeek buddies found a tranny for $600 thats the best so far. Things are still looking grim but I'm smiling and keeping a great attitude. I still have stuff available for sale. I'm not shipping fidh but I will ship dry goods.

Man that sucks.. you sure you can't stay with at least one tank??? Like a freshwater where its a lto cheaper to maintain and stuff?

What lights do you have? I think my fluorescent busted :(

Yeah...98 would probably have the 4L60E instead of the TH700. I'll look around and see what I can come up with. I'm guessing $600 is probably a pretty good price for that tranny though. I know a guy in Tunnel Hill that might have one and he'd be cheap...I'll call him Monday.

My wife wants me to keep one of my 55g tanks but i don't know. If I keep one I'll end up wanting another one.
not much left. i have a few folks stopping by on Sunday.

interseted in fish,livebearers non aggressive,mollies,platys

I will pay shipping and what you want for your fish just give me a list to choose from and $ amount

Youre right ,i hate to see you loose it,but family and God is it.God bless

Back
Top Bottom