For Sale: Three freshwater barracuda.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also known as hujeta gar. Max out at about 8-9" and they are predators. Eating anything the size of a feeder goldfish or smaller, so fish that are a little larger wont even be bothered.

I am potentially interested, what are they currently eating?

They take, Rosie's or small goldfish best. They like bloodworms but suck at "hunting" them the eat maybe 1/8 of what you put in for them and the rest sinks. They could be trained to take a floating pellet they like the bigger ones. I have seen them eat a few pellets, but until you know they are on them good keep minnows near by.

I am potentially interested, what are they currently eating?

Toss them into any tank and watch any pesky little fish disappear. Got hybrids perfect way to cull them. I had a freshwater barracuda with mbuna for years and they did great together. The cichlids left that weird thing on the surface alone. They are awesome fish just not when you want apistogramma in the tank.

I was afraid of the live fish feedings, it's a huge pain in the backside trying to transition from live to pellets. I've had fish starve to death before accepting commercial foods. Sorry but I'll have to pass.

Back
Top Bottom