CRS Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevintrinhtrinh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello guys, ive been always wondering why some of my CRS are dying. recently they have been not too active and has been staying in one spot for abit. i've had a day where my temperature was at 73F and increased up to 75-76F due to hot weather, but i dont think that was the problem was it? and also a couple of days after the PH was from 6.6 to 6.8.

Here are my water parameters:
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - almost 0
Ammonia - 0
GH - 4
KH - 2.5
PH - 6.8
Temp - 73F

Things i have in my tank:
Mineral rock, Indian Almond leaves (x1), Java moss (Plenty) and Bio Max Ball (x1)

Previously had horn snails from plants i bought and abit of hydras in the tank

How big is the tank, filtration? And how long has it been set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

i cant verify what disease it could be from, but i clean all my rocks, driftwood and indian almond leaves before i put it to use.

im using a internal filter with extra sponge to block it so that the baby shrimps dont get stuck, also i am running a 2ft tank by 31 cm length

If you have no nitrate wouldn't that indicate your tank is not yet cycled? Or is this due to a very low bioload? Personally I had a lot of trouble with shrimp the first few times I tried them. I had a dedicated Fluval Spec III for them and they kept dying. After wasting $3 a shrimp and getting upset several times I have up and left the tank in situ. I topped off occasionally due to evap and cats drinking the water. I left it for a good 6 months. Then I tried shrimp again and it's magic. Now I even have shrimplets. I'm wondering if you have enough biofilm which is what I believe to have been my problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Do you treat the water that you put into the tank with chlorinator/heavy metal remover? Otherwise it might be high chlorine levels or high copper levels.

i think the conclusion is that i water change every week about 10-15%, people advice that you dont play with your water change too much if u have the right water parameters. yes i do use API Stress coat to treat chlorine and heavy metals

Back
Top Bottom