Crystal Red Shrimp???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
What would a good price be for CRS S grade and what difference if they are 3 or 4 band?

Private party and price for a package of 10 or 15 or 20?

I am looking at buying some and the guy said make an offer...but I don't know what a good deal for me would be...help quick please!

They look good in the pics but want a price point before I drive 1-2 hours to see/ buy.

I don't really know. Most pet stores charge 4 dollars for commons. If this is quality specimens I would say maybe double.

Most pet stores charge at least $4 for RCS actually. $4 per shrimp barely even covers the wholesale cost on CRS.

Maybe you could try checking out some Aquabid sales and see what those folks are getting?

S Grade CRS usually go for $4 online, maybe even $5. Do you have a picture of them? I just want to Make sure they aren't C or B grades. I think $3.50 each is fair if it is an S grade.

Shrimp pic

...didn't load...

If this pic didn't load look in my profile album under cherry shrimp album, it is the first picture.

Click to enlarge that pic in the album, there is a super tiger on the sponge media, his other pics of those looked really good.

Thanks Austin!

he wants $100 for 20 or 6 for $50. now for the CRS, I think I can get him down a little

Last edited:
His CRS are gorgeous.. lol I dont know what hes thinking but S grade CRS for about $8.33 each, thats crazy. One can get SSS grades for about $11. His are a higher S grade though, almost SS, but not quite there yet lol I would try and talk him down to about $4.50, or $5 each.

Ahh, found the word I was looking for. His CRS are S+, to be specific lol

Also, that super tiger does not look like a super tiger to me...try regular tiger lol

Last edited:
Ok Austin, you have better intuition and experience with this type than I do. I probably prefer the ones with bigger red bands. The cost of CRS around here is varied.

The lfs with the best price is out of stock and wanted 6.99 for ones with 4 bands, and isn't ordering more very soon (says not selling that well, aka fast) and the one with shrimp in stock was 12.99 if I remember correctly, 3-4 band. I wouldn't want to figure quality grade other than to say for the CRS' shell wasn't clear and the bands looked fairly uniform.

Added one more pic to Cherry Shrimp profile album of the Supertigers, male and female in pic. Check it out if you would...

as a side note: What are they getting for yellow Fire shrimp and green Babaulti/Emerald (lime green color) shrimp out there if available, I am looking at those too, though I have enough of the Neo colors for a rainbow!

This is a busy week for me but I may try and pick up some of the CRS Friday on my day off for a better price. They are an hour drive each way.

I think the home/hobby breeder should be priced down about 25% less than retail since retail has additional overhead of labor and store front. I like the idea too of them being breed/raised in the area and not shipped and stressed so much.

Back
Top Bottom