Do shrimp need a filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
I know I may seem like a dumb question but in my shrimp tank they are constantly fighting the current and all stay to the opposite side when possible.

Can shrimp live without a filter happily?
Especially if there is no other creature in the tank?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

No they do not, IF you can keep up with water changes often to make up for it.

I believe it was TheresaM that threw together an amazing fish bowl and has 1-2RCS in it. No heater or filter.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I have the Project Tank which is no tech: no filter, heater, light, ferts (dwarf amber barbs, RCS, nerite snail, MTS)

img_3200613_0_c95317d6639419fa759807c98c42ee7e.jpg

I also have an unfiltered 10g with a large RCS colony; 3 smaller tanks running sponge filters with other types of shrimp.

Shrimp do have a small bioload but the fact is that they do poop so in smaller tanks care does have to be taken about water quality and water changes.

I have the Project Tank which is no tech: no filter, heater, light, ferts (dwarf amber barbs, RCS, nerite snail, MTS)

img_3200622_0_c95317d6639419fa759807c98c42ee7e.jpg

I also have an unfiltered 10g with a large RCS colony; 3 smaller tanks running sponge filters with other types of shrimp.

Shrimp do have a small bioload but the fact is that they do poop so in smaller tanks care does have to be taken about water quality and water changes.

I want to set up a 10g no tech for shrimp!! I just get really confused on what shrimp can actually go together!

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

img_3200624_0_c95317d6639419fa759807c98c42ee7e.jpg

Still in love with that tank and those pictures. Maybe I'll try something like this when I move my Betta from the 2.5 to a 10. ?

29g Community

3g Betta

Still in love with that tank and those pictures. Maybe I'll try something like this when I move my Betta from the 2.5 to a 10. ?

Thanks! If you end up doing one make sure you start a build thread (y)

Any of you guys know where I Can buy around 50 Dwarf Amber Barbs? My guy in Canada is sold out at the moment :/

Any of you guys know where I Can buy around 50 Dwarf Amber Barbs? My guy in Canada is sold out at the moment :/

Wetspot tropical fish online

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

Back
Top Bottom