Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-27-2014, 04:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Everything I need to know about Mini Crabs (Fiddlers)?

I'm getting some fiddler crabs today. I now some stuff about them but I want to know more???
Caring, do they breed, how to tell the gender, do they need air and water, Do they need a filter???
Please tell me everything....

Old 06-27-2014, 05:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

How many crabs are you getting and how big is the tank you'll be keeping them in?
I'm not an expert by any means, but I've heard a general rule is 3 gallons per crab (could be junk, I read it online while researching to see if I could get one, I couldn't &#128542
They do need access to air, cannot be kept totally submersed. Also you'll need a lid for the tank as they'll try to escape! Seems to be a problem with all crabs/crayfish!

Fish are fun!! 🐡🐠🐟

Tags
crab, crabs, fiddler, mini

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com