Land Crabs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Volta

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone we got a first timer here.. Volta is my male rainbow crab I've had now going on 4 years. He loves to eat dubia roaches and veggie fruit puree. If there is any other fellow crabbers, please say hi.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 62
Used to have several fiddler crabs with some mollies in a 20g long, but they kept escaping, so had to rehome them. Crabs are cool though. Do you have any fish with yours, or would fish just be eaten? Is it a brackish, fresh, or salt water crab? How large is it?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm always interested in animals I don't, or can't have.

He's Big!

Used to have several fiddler crabs with some mollies in a 20g long, but they kept escaping, so had to rehome them. Crabs are cool though. Do you have any fish with yours, or would fish just be eaten? Is it a brackish, fresh, or salt water crab? How large is it?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm always interested in animals I don't, or can't have.
Volta has some tankmates in with him. I put 20 feeders in there about two years ago and there was only 6 left as of 2months ago. I took them out though. They were getting way to big. I just put some catfish in there last week. Hes to slow to catch them. Plus i keep dubia roaches in there for him to eat. Its freshwater i put a little salt in there . 1Tbs per 5 gallons whenever i rearrange tank. When i got him he was 2inches across and with legs about 5inches across. Now hes about 4 inches across and with legs hes about 10-12 inches leg to leg. He's very aggressive! But yes fun and interesting. If I ever have to do maintence inside I make sure where he is before sticking my hand in there. Ive gotten zapped too because he chews on the power chord sometimes. Ive gone through 3 filters in the time of owning him. Did your fiddlers ever molt? Orbdidnt they make it that long. Its such a trip seeing their exoskeleton just sitting there. Then they eat it. pretty gnarly.

Back
Top Bottom