Pond snail eggs or african dwarf frog eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Byky

Aquarium Advice Newbie
First post through the app so hopefully my picture uploaded correctly!

When feeding my frogs today I noticed all of these eggs on my plants. I'm hoping they are frog eggs but am thinking they are probably snail eggs. Can anyone confirm what these are please?

Thanks!

Attachments

• image-3718367084.jpg
    image-3718367084.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 300
I doubt they are frog eggs.

Most of the time, when the female heads to the surface to start releasing eggs, she releases them one at a time, with the male fertilizing simultaneously. Sometimes eggs are released in a group, but the release is at the surface of the water, and eggs wouldn't drop on one group of plants - they'll be all over the tank.

Thanks! That's kind of what I figured from other descriptions but its the first time I've seen these since we stocked the tank so I just wasn't sure. Of course in a few weeks I'll probably know for sure lol

Oh that's awesome! We've got one assassin snail but seeing all the eggs had me a little concerned. I'm glad the frogs will get some extra snacks this way! I've really been enjoying them. Never had any before!

Oh that's awesome! We've got one assassin snail but seeing all the eggs had me a little concerned. I'm glad the frogs will get some extra snacks this way! I've really been enjoying them. Never had any before!

Aren't they a hoot?

The first time I heard my male frog singing, I had stopped and asked myself, "What's that noise?"

I have three frogs - looks like one male and two females. They live in a 10 gallon with my male crowntail betta, Dubya.

Yes! I'm so glad we found out about them, they are my favorites in the tank. I almost feel like the fish are background actors to the frogs!!!

Does the singing sound like a... Uhm woah how to explain that noise? High pitch zzzt sound? It almost sounded like an electrical sound. I heard it in the early evening it was a very short sound that repeated a handful of times. Both frogs were out and about easily visible so I kept studying their bodies trying to see if I could discern if it was one of them. No cheeks or chest puffing or any telling signs but I felt pretty sure it was them. I should have recorded it... But now I'm heading over to YouTube to see if I can find a video! I'm more curious now!

Back
Top Bottom