RCS berried!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdude25

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my rcs tank up for 2 months now, and i was wondering, "I wonder when the females will berry?" 5 minutes later, I look at my rcs tank, and a female was berried! Here she is:

ForumRunner_20120504_152944.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_152955.jpg

ForumRunner_20120504_153012.jpg

FYI young first time mothers sometimes drop eggs. Don't freak if you only get a few babies. They get better at it as they get larger and more experienced. Out of 30 eggs my first batch I got 3 babies ;)

It is super exciting to see those eggs for the first time I know !

thats quite a few babies:D

you are well on your way to success and next step will be CRYSTAL shrimp and i guarantee a challenge!!

Yikes that is a lot of eggs lol! Congrats and good luck :)

Unfortunately, I think that she has dropped 30-50% of the eggs :(
But at least she is still carrying around 15-25. I hope to have some little shrimplets soon. :D

-Fishdude25

fishdude25 said:
But at least she is still carrying around 15-25. I hope to have some little shrimplets soon. :D

-Fishdude25

Don't worry. As she gets more experienced, she will drop less :).

-Fishdude25

Top 3 reasons for egg dropping.

1) stress
2) inexperience
3) overly excited males constantly chasing females

You know you can artificially hatch the dropped eggs? If you can find them.

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the bit of info. Perhaps you should make a thread explaining how to do it. It would be quite useful. Thanks bako

I didn't know you could do that. Thanks for the bit of info. Perhaps you should make a thread explaining how to do it. It would be quite useful. Thanks bako

I've seen where people put them in a breeder net with a bubbler under it, put them in a bottle with a bubbler in it, and put them in a net under the HOB filter outlet. Never done any of that myself so not sure which is the best method.

Sake said:
I've seen where people put them in a breeder net with a bubbler under it, put them in a bottle with a bubbler in it, and put them in a net under the HOB filter outlet. Never done any of that myself so not sure which is the best method.

I'll do it on a small scale next time I see an abandoned egg!

Back
Top Bottom