RCS Juvenile stage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sedgy90

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi guys.

How long do RCS stay juvenile?
Cant find it on web anywhere.

They have been full stop size for about 3 weeks.
I am starting to doubt whether they are RCS now and not a hitchhiker from on the plants.

They swim like rcs do, and they hang out in places with algae buildup.

Any ideas. Thanks.

RCS take FOREVER... It took mine over a month or so before they grew big enough for my black neons/whitewclouds not to eat them

Aww ok. At least they dont seem to be hitchhikers. Thanks.

Haha I know but I was worrried I was nurturing something that wasnt what I thought lol.

When I first started keeping shrimp a while ago, what I thought was a baby shrimp turned out to be a scud lol

how fast they grow depends on the tank. its different for almost everyone. I think temperature has to do with it. warmer faster growth, but bigger chance of infection.

but it usually takes months =/ i think my rcs are about 2 months old right now. still juvies/sub adults.

how fast they grow depends on the tank. its different for almost everyone. I think temperature has to do with it. warmer faster growth, but bigger chance of infection.

but it usually takes months =/ i think my rcs are about 2 months old right now. still juvies/sub adults.

Agreed, I keep my shrimp at 73-75. They tend to grow slower but seem to be much healthier.

You would worry if you had hydra in a tank ! They can kill baby shrimplets, though not eat them as such. If a shrimplet wanders too close the hydra will sting it and can kill if it does. Best to get rid of them if you see them, and never crush them. Each bit becomes another hydra and they are immortal, so far as anyone can tell. Scientists are researching them, to see how they do immortality. Who knows, maybe one day it will work for us.

Back
Top Bottom