Reptile feeding dish for shrimps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am looking for something fancy as shrimp dish. Maximum I found online is a leaf shaped glass dish. I found some nice looking reptile feeding products. Please have a look :

https://www.dubaipetfood.com/shop/dishes-623c1.html

Are they safe to use for shrimps? Anyone of you ever used any reptile feeding dish for shrimps? Do they sink?

Look like they should be fine to me. Did you get one? I've seen vibrating dishes as well.
I didn't get yet. Just concerned if they may leech something to water or shrimp graze on resin while eating food. Also don't know if they will sink.

I contacted Trixie manufacturer and they told me the dishes are safe since made according to same standards as inside water decorations but they don't know if it will sink or float because they didn't tested it.

I have some of the small petri dish all glass and sturdy, but not especially pretty or decorative, but not bad either. I never got the type of tank where using these were practical, though after cleaning out my fish and shrimp stuff have accumulated 3 of similar diameter. Own 3 use 0, lol. Makes sense to use one or 2 as so much of the left over food would not go into the substrate, less fouling, less cleaning.

All of those are large even the "small" is 13cm. I had a tiny one somewhere like it but maybe only 3x4 cm. It seemed maybe for Hermit crabs??? Didn't use that either for the shrimp. :)

Flukers is the brand of small hermit crab dish I had. Not sure you have that around anywhere you are. Otherwise Zoo-Med is another brand to maybe check.

You could get a tiny glass dish, called here in USA, salt cellars or salt dips, used for formally serving salt at the dinner table.

I have some of the small petri dish all glass and sturdy, but not especially pretty or decorative, but not bad either. I never got the type of tank where using these were practical, though after cleaning out my fish and shrimp stuff have accumulated 3 of similar diameter. Own 3 use 0, lol. Makes sense to use one or 2 as so much of the left over food would not go into the substrate, less fouling, less cleaning.

All of those are large even the "small" is 13cm. I had a tiny one somewhere like it but maybe only 3x4 cm. It seemed maybe for Hermit crabs??? Didn't use that either for the shrimp. :)

Flukers is the brand of small hermit crab dish I had. Not sure you have that around anywhere you are. Otherwise Zoo-Med is another brand to maybe check.

You could get a tiny glass dish, called here in USA, salt cellars or salt dips, used for formally serving salt at the dinner table.
Thanks Ma'am. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything here not even a petri dish. I used a glass ashtray [emoji55] but its very heavy and I don't like to put it on carpet for long to don't put sress on leaves. I found these extremely cheap online. But will come without any tracking number so don't know when I will get them.

s-l1600.jpg
6161oOCPW9L._SL1024_.jpg

Love the leaf, both of them look fine. Waiting will be worth it I think, hoping they both sink.

Science education supply for Petri dish perhaps.

Love the leaf, both of them look fine. Waiting will be worth it I think, hoping they both sink.

Science education supply for Petri dish perhaps.
Yeah they will sink as stated in description. Yeah I will search science supply stores if they didn't look as I expect.

Back
Top Bottom