Shrimp food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

serena00

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have red rili and cherry red shrimp. I want a food that they will really like. For example, I see other people post pictures of their shrimp all gathering at food. Mine don't all go for food when I feed it.

I want something they love.

What do you feed your shrimp?

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

If you don't get a good huddle it might mean you are over feeding and they aren't interested. They don't need to be fed that often at all- they work as a clean up crew and eat biofilm.

When I do supplement them with food I use the hikari food meant for crabs/shrimp/Crays, snowflake shrimp food or blanched veggies. That said I have about 40 red cherries in my tank and I only add food specifically for them every 2-3 days or so. My yellow neos I have probably 80? And I feed them every other day. I still don't get massive food huddles- but I also have fish in both tanks so they forage their missed foods

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I feed them hikari crab cuisine, ocean nutrition shrimp wafers, and blanched spinach...... When I feed them. It's almost impossible to starve them in a smaller colony so be careful over feeding. Ocean nutrition is sort of underrated but they swarm it and seem to love it. Betta gobbles up too.

Okay thanks you guys ☺️

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
5.5g betta/ghost shrimp
3g betta
2g fry

Back
Top Bottom