Singapore Flower Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YaBuddyHuddie

Aquarium Advice Freak
What are their requirements? Can they coexist with red cherry shrimp and amano shrimp? I saw these guys in my LFS and really liked them. Though I think they have to have high current? Idk how I'd provide that.

Also what about Blue Cobalt Crayfish? Will they bother shrimp or the fish in my tank?

YaBuddyHuddie said:
Kind of figured that...ah.
What about the flower shrimp?

I had one a year ago, mine was surprisingly beautiful. The one I had liked to hang on one of my plants right underneath the outlet of my filter.

So yes they like water flow, and when they get some flow they release there little fans and fan food into their mouths.

Esoteric Backbone said:
I had one a year ago, mine was surprisingly beautiful. The one I had liked to hang on one of my plants right underneath the outlet of my filter.

So yes they like water flow, and when they get some flow they release there little fans and fan food into their mouths.

So I don't really need to provide it with anything special? And it will get along with other shrimp? Should I account for it in my bioload?

So I don't really need to provide it with anything special? And it will get along with other shrimp? Should I account for it in my bioload?

You need to have an established filter as that's were bacteria and other microbes it feeds on colonizes. Bamboo shrimp ... As I call them ... Are very peaceful with other shrimp. If your tank/filter's established, just give them a place they can perch themselves by your filter's output. They'll park themselves there day after day feeding. It may take them a few days / week to figure it out. A shrimp's bio load is negligible, even for these guys who can get large. The smallest of my two is still larger than my largest Amano.

You'll probably find ... At least with mine I did ... They are fearless. They crawl and swim right by fish completely oblivious.

Back
Top Bottom