Trouble finding my assassin snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

missmonday

Aquarium Advice Freak
I haven't seen my assassin snail in at least 5 days, maybe about a week or so. I know they burrow in the sand, but I haven't found it anywhere and I have a lid on the tank so it shouldn't be able to crawl out... :/

I haven't found an empty shell or anything and I don't have any ammonia registering on the liquid tests so I don't think it's dead...?

When I did a pwc yesterday, I tried to be very gentle with the gravel vac but I didn't find it anywhere in the sand either. I've got some pest snails though, so I'm thinking about picking up a 2nd assassin to eat the pest ones.

btw, the tank is 29 gallons with plants.

I wouldn't panic. I sometimes go weeks without seeing my Assassin snails, but they always turn up (so far). By comparison, I have two in a 10 gallon... So less hiding space. They still manage to disappear though.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh okay, perhaps it just was a little more bold when I first got it, because I would see it quite often, even if it was buried a little or crawling around on the sand or substrate.

Thanks for the reassurance though!

Agreed, I wouldn't worry. Mine disappear constantly and then a few weeks later they're magically back

Mine get lost in a 20g with no substrate! Don't worry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom