Yellow-ish tinge on Ghost Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ReyK

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my shrimp/betta tank, one of my 3 ghost shrimps has developed a sort of yellow/green tinge. Is my shrimp sick? The tank is heated to 78-82F and has lots of anacharis and java moss that the shrimp are munching on constantly. I don't think this has anything to do with the betta since he's still a very young baby (around 2-3 months old by my guess) and he doesn't mess with them at all. If my shrimp is sick, is there anything I can do? If not, it's not a huge deal since I can get more for about 30 cents a piece, but I'll still feel bad if he dies on my watch.

I feed my betta Wardley betta food pellets and about once or twice a week I give him a couple tiny flakes of Tetra brand TetraFin goldfish food because I ran out of betta food for a couple days and had to feed him that and he seemed to enjoy it. I didn't see anything about beta carotenes on either package. He seems to be completely healthy and normal, besides the strange coloration.

If you can get a pic that would be good to see it. There is a large number of kinds of Shrimp called Ghost Shrimp, from different countries so there are possible color variations there, PLUS different possible color Morphs (think how many colors of Neocaridina - Cherry shrimp there are). Could be just naturally tinted.

Here's one of the two that look normal
view

And here's the shrimp in question
view

view

Sorry the photos aren't very good. They kept moving and my phone's camera doesn't focus on anything in my aquariums very well.

Back
Top Bottom