Yellow shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spencer1044

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a recently got a 24 gallon nano cube and it has been cycling for about 2 weeks now.
imagejpg2_zps156f064d.jpg Photo by spl1999spencer1044 | Photobucket
I plan on ordering 10 yellow neo shrimp for this tank. I'm also going to get fish but it will probably be guppies or some form of a smaller tetra. I will feed them algae wafers and I'm also going to buy a moss ball when my lfs gets new shipments in. Is it possible for the tank to get over crowded with? If so what do I do with all of the shrimp that I need to rid of? And lastly is there anything else I should add to the tank to make it more beneficial to the shrimp.
24 gallon tank
Sump filter built into back
Heater
Driftwood
Thermometer
20 lbs of planted substrate
20 lbs of sand
DIY co2 system
Java moss
Micro sword
Green cambomba
Purple cambomba
Crypt wendtii
Aponogeton Ulvaceus
Cfl lights one 36 watt 10,000 k bulb and one 36 watt 6,500 k bulb
Dose with flourish and iron weekly

I have a recently got a 24 gallon nano cube and it has been cycling for about 2 weeks now.
imagejpg2_zps156f064d.jpg Photo by spl1999spencer1044 | Photobucket
I plan on ordering 10 yellow neo shrimp for this tank. I'm also going to get fish but it will probably be guppies or some form of a smaller tetra. I will feed them algae wafers and I'm also going to buy a moss ball when my lfs gets new shipments in. Is it possible for the tank to get over crowded with? If so what do I do with all of the shrimp that I need to rid of? And lastly is there anything else I should add to the tank to make it more beneficial to the shrimp.
24 gallon tank
Sump filter built into back
Heater
Driftwood
Thermometer
20 lbs of planted substrate
20 lbs of sand
DIY co2 system
Java moss
Micro sword
Green cambomba
Purple cambomba
Crypt wendtii
Aponogeton Ulvaceus
Cfl lights one 36 watt 10,000 k bulb and one 36 watt 6,500 k bulb
Dose with flourish and iron weekly

You'll need plenty of moss and wood for Shrimp to hide or fish will eat them. Most Shrimp are shipped as juveniles, not adults. Safer that way.

Let the Shrimp get established before adding fish. They should start breeding within 4-6weeks.

Ember Tetras are nice. Guppies tend to overbreed, so consider males only.

I can't see the tank pic. Make sure intake can have a sponge put over it or Shrimp will get sucked in.

I had 100 RCS in my 10g with no issues. Weekly PWCs.

You can put an air stone on a timer if needed to get rid of excess CO2 at night.

Timer for lights.

Root tabs for Crypt once the substrate is exhausted.

API LeafZone for the Macros. Maybe. I haven't used Flourish Iron.

Flourish comprehensive covers micros just fine.

That is a lot of light so you may end up needing to inject CO2 later or raise the light up.

There are others on these forums that know a lot more about CO2 and higher lighting.

Later you may end up wanting to go with dry Ferts so you can control exactly what your ttank is getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay and I plan on just taking the co2 out at night. And so it doesn't matter how many shrimp are in the tank. I will give them a month to two months minimum to establish a colony

Back
Top Bottom