my new pond

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here is my 1st pond, frogs, snails and goldfish only.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 279
the pond was already in place when I bought the property. It was hidden due to all the surrounding shrubs were overgrown. All the plants came up on their own, lillys, orchids. The pond is roughly 8'x3', the deepest part is maybe 2'. Not sure what that amounts to in gallons. I placed 20 snails in the pond, the frogs were already there, they are a bright green color. Not sure of their name. I have no idea how many there are, lots.
I have a tetra bio filter on it, it looks like a little keg, basically a foam pad and bio balls inside. I need to buy a UV filter. The algae is out of control.

Very nice start! I wish I was that far along on our's.... lol

Looks good! What kind of mulch is that around it? It almost looks black. Regardless, I like the contrast with the rocks around the edge. Keep us posted.

We've had very good luck with our UV filter. We replace the light yearly more or less. It's amazing how quickly the algae disappears with one. Hot and cold spikes in temperature will cause some algae growth but nothing major. You did a great job!

I had great results with UV on my small garden pond, used to have green water all summer, now it stays clear and nice. well worth the investment

Back
Top Bottom