Nitrite levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mkraha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had a problem last week with the nitrite levels in my pond and was wondering if there was a way to level this out. The water turned really green and 2 of my fish died.

I've heard that water plants will help with that problem and if that's so is there another way cause no one in this area will be selling water planets till the spring :( .

I also attached a picture but I'm still in the process of putting plants around the pond to cover up a lot of the open areas. Just waiting till the spring when the garden centers have a better selection. Don't mind all the wires those are just Christmas lights running through the garden.

Go to your local aquarium shop and get some anacharais and vallasineria. plant them in pots (just gravel, no soil or fertilizer) and sink them in the pond. They get most if not all of their nutrients from the water, and hopefully will pull enough out to get rid of your green water.

Back
Top Bottom