Spring time Pond (Pic) Can't wait for good weather.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nels22

Aquarium Advice Activist
The start to another year, wished it was summer 52 weeks here in MN, can't wait to start putting flowers around the pond. It was nice to see the Koi made it all winter.

Attachments

• pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 147
Your pond is very nice! I have not seen many that are built up like that. I love the brickwork! The waterfall looks nicely placed too.

That is an awesome setup. I want to do an above ground pond as well. What size is it? Please do keep it updated with pics as you plant the flowers.

More pics.

Here are a couple from last year with the girls and a frog, as you can tell it's been lots of fun. The flowers are mature here too....the pond water works excellent to water and fertilize ;).

The pond totals a little over 250 gallons with the waterfalls. Our new lab puppy loves the pond as well...will be interesting this year.

Attachments

• Pictures 161.jpg
    Pictures 161.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Pictures 160.jpg
    Pictures 160.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 102
here is a pic early last year when the flowers are put in......

as you can see the brick work in the front isn't cut yet, my only regret now is that it isn't bigger. It's very relaxing to sit and listen to the cascade and watch the fish (and birds).

Attachments

• Pictures 016.jpg
    Pictures 016.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 105
the dog thought he'd pose for a quick pic

Also a night time pic, doesn't really do justice, the fountain glows at night and the blue solar lights reflect well off the water.

Attachments

• IMG_0055.jpg
    IMG_0055.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 96
I love it. Very nice work. I'd love to do something like that indoors, my LFS has a setup kind of like that but they have some large... i'm pretty sure up to 3 ft long sharks in there.

Updated Pics

Just a few quick shots showing the progress this year. Hope you enjoy.

The only thing I think you could do to improve on that is to install some laminar flow jets to make a jumping fountain! :) It's gorgeous!!

Back
Top Bottom