Stunted goldfish growth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Someone has two 1 year old goldfish (moor and either oranda or fancy) that are 2 inches long on craigslist they had in a 10g tank. Are these fish going to get to full potential or are they going to get somewhat larger but not close to what they could have been? I want to rescue them but want to know potential issues I could be dealing with.

*2 inches head to tail, according to them

Might be ok if look ok? I’ve had them take off on growth spurts in larger tanks back when I was a kid and didn’t know better. But never did something so extreme like that either though.

Yeah, I mean my tank isn't huge, but I've been trying to do some googling and it seems like it depends on the fish (most things I found were on comets/fair fish) but overall they seem to grow slower and take much longer, if maybe never, to get to full 'regular' size. We're hoping to move by this time next year, so a bigger tank in the future is very feasible.

One thing I have seen with different fish, not specifically GF, is that they can have a bit of a growth spurt with a larger tank size available to them with good food and clean water!

Back
Top Bottom