Musk turtle strange behaviour!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyskoi

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anybody know about musk turtles and there behaviour??

I have two musk turtles (10 months old) 4 neon tetras and a small pleco in a 20g tank. I have noticed that the turtles are some times franticly swiming and it almost looks like there trying to scratch there heads! Also they sit under water with there mouth open and sometimes i catch them biteing there own legs. Is all this normall behavior?

So, they're able to climb up onto that ledge in the back? I didn't think there would be so much water. They should be able to stand on the bottom of the tank and reach their heads up above the water line.

And I thought any ramp for them would be a more graduated ramp.

please do not start duplicate threads, it gets very confusing for the members trying to help you

If they want to get out of the water they can. They like climbing up the plants and filters. Musk turtles like swiming around so how could they swim in water they could reach there head out of? That would be about 2 inches deep! I have read alot about what there set up should be like
And its always saying 6-8 inches of water as they like swiming.

It's obvious from this post and your PM that you no longer require my help so I'm outta here. I hope you and your turtles have a very happy life. :)

they would probably be in the folds of skin. Unfortunately, I don't know how you'd go about treating them. Perhaps a broad-range anti-parisitic might help.

Its really strange this because like i said i have got some kind of parasite in my koi tank and i have tryed treating them anti-whitespot and a fluke treatment and there still flashing around the tank so i just can figure out whats going on

Back
Top Bottom