120 g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elmo1287

Aquarium Advice Freak
IF I buy a 120 g show tAnk with everything but a pump could I use the water from my other tanks to fill this one

Yes... But thats not really gonna do much... Youd need to xfer live rock or established filter media over

Yeah I was gonna move my sand and rock too it also I have a bunch of it probably around 90 lbs in my tanks already

Elmo1287 said:
Yeah I was gonna move my sand and rock too it also I have a bunch of it probably around 90 lbs in my tanks already

I upgraded from a 55 to a 120 a few months ago. I added about 60lbs more sand to the bottom then transferred all my ls, lr, and water from my 55. And I had all fish and coral in the same day. You will have a small cycle still because some bacteria will die when you xfer everything but IMO you should be fine. Just do your best to keep the rock and sand under water while xfering

Shan69743 said:
I upgraded from a 55 to a 120 a few months ago. I added about 60lbs more sand to the bottom then transferred all my ls, lr, and water from my 55. And I had all fish and coral in the same day. You will have a small cycle still because some bacteria will die when you xfer everything but IMO you should be fine. Just do your best to keep the rock and sand under water while xfering

Only problem with this is if the OP stirs up the sand enough it coukd release some toxin chemicals

huma-huma said:
Only problem with this is if the OP stirs up the sand enough it coukd release some toxin chemicals

I agree if the sand has been established for a long time 1 year or more its probably full of toxins stirring it or moving it will cause it to release all thats built up in it

Sweetness I've only had this tank going for about three months plus a cycle I was gonna leave small tank going then move everything from my big one into buckets install my 120 gallon transfer lr ls and saltwater from buckets and cycle again I'm thinking then move all the fish from the small one to the 120 and sell both my smaller ones

Back
Top Bottom