25 reef fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep my coral plans are frogspawn, candy cane, ducans, mushrooms , birdnest and zoas.
My lights are 4 bulb t5 ho 96 watt. The birdnest is going closer to the top to get more light.

If you get a goby you could have a pistol shrimp and some sort of prawn goby.

Those are pretty cool. There relationship is awesome. The gobies I'm looking at beside that one are the yellow watchman, and the neon blue. I m also interested in a tail spot blenny

No big. I`m looking at other shrimp 2. The striped skunk clearner shrimp and the blood red shrimp. Still iffy on crabs though

I wouldn't add a crab. Many crabs can be predatory and destructive when it comes to reef aquariums.

Thats what I heard. I also heard some could be helpful? If I ever get a crab, it will be a pom pom a.k.a. boxer crab. There to small to cause major damage.

Small hermit crabs might work but ask for the scientific name and do your research.

I was getting some of those for scanvergers. Mainly stwarberriers and blue legs, a halloween if I can find it

Yep, though it looks like its going to be 1 week until I can set it up. My rock is still not here :( I`ll make sure to post lots of pics as soon as possible

So far a feather duster is my favorite invert. They add a very nice aesthetic aspect to the tank along with some movement. I wouldn't keep one if you want shrimp though. I had some peppermint shrimp that killed my first feather duster.

A porcelain crab would also be a really neat addition. I have one in my 20 reef and he hasn't even gone near any of my corals.

Cool, I`ll look up the porcelain crabs. I actually saw a clown fish hosting a feather duster. I`ll do some more reserch into feather dusters and see if there any kind of shrimp they can live with. And no peppermint shrimp, I`ve heard bad bad things about them.

Would sexy shrimp bother them?

From my understanding of shrimp in aquariums is that it's really hit and miss. Once they decide something might be tasty there is nothing you can do to stop them from trying to eat it. They are very very stubborn animals. I personally made the decision that I liked the feather duster a lot more than I like the shrimp and that's one decision that I'm okay with, especially because I plan on getting a coco worm before too much longer :)

That being said, the shrimp I had might have just been jerks and other shrimp might completely ignore feather dusters. :)

Coco feather dusters are very pretty. I think I perfer shrimp though, for now. I would like to have a feather duster, but I would love to have something that roams the bottom of the tank.

Coco feather dusters are very pretty. I think I perfer shrimp though, for now. I would like to have a feather duster, but I would love to have something that roams the bottom of the tank.

Coco worms look great but apparently they are very difficult to keep. The only reason I am going to even try is because I have a live phytoplankton culture growing.

Finally got my rocks

Attachments

• image-1244919313.jpg
    image-1244919313.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3508828509.jpg
    image-3508828509.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 58
Back
Top Bottom