29 gallon suprise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks very nice. LR looks excellent. I agree with mushroom. Yrs ago I started with one mushroom like you and here it is now minus the hundreds that I have sold to the LFS.

021.jpg

there apears to be some kind of muscle or some kinda shelled animal in the back... next to impossible to get a picture of... will that survive? theres also some sponges and looks like some kinda red stick type algae ... i will get some pictures later...... how quickly after adding the food should i see some amonia

-Brad

An Update!

heres some pictures of what i was talking about

img_935365_0_aa65992824c27836dcbf0f7e66d2d26a.jpg

img_935365_1_b792ee3939f01ae83904047c2efff3a7.jpg

img_935365_2_43984a649951987fec6d6de4226505db.jpg

-Brad

p.s i dont know how you guys stand all this excitment lol

Looks very nice. LR looks excellent. I agree with mushroom. Yrs ago I started with one mushroom like you and here it is now minus the hundreds that I have sold to the LFS.

View attachment 16671

LOL... I don't know if you notice MELOSU your yellow eye Tang hiding in the back ground of your picture. Look it's WALDO....lol

also since i left there is a blue bubble thing developing.. about the size of a tic tac... clear... what is this? will it make it through the cycle?

thanks again

brad

another question... would the heater work right if i put it in chamber 3 even tho the inlet and pump are both at the bottom... could i simple move the pump up higher to compensate.... just wondering if i can get rid of the "eye sore"

thanks

Brad

what just happened?

my NO2 went from .25 ppm to 0 today... no amonia showing yet.... is this normal... how long before i should see amonia?

also my ph has dropped from 8.8 to 8.4?

-Brad

As I mentioned dont worry about the PH during the cycle. It will bounce around all over the place. It will usually take about 3-4 days for the ammonia to appear.

yes... it was literally 15 minutes out of water from big als to my place.. thats what i was wondering.. there was fish in the tank where the rock was... just a couple fire fish.. so i was wondering if thats what would be giving me a funky change in NO2?

It's possible that the live rock you got is already cycled, if so, this should go very quickly for you. If it is, it's the bacteria already on the rock that consumed the NO2 you had.

That could be true. Just be patience. This hobby is not an overnight thing. I would wait 3 or 4 days then check you water parameters and see where you are... :)

i know i was just wondering where the heck my N02 went before the cycle even started lol

-Brad

my mom has been asking me about "those cool looking spike balls at big als" aka Black urchin... are these reef safe.. i did a google search and they say yes... but i always prefer expert opinions over google...

thanks
-Brad

my mom has been asking me about "those cool looking spike balls at big als" aka Black urchin... are these reef safe.. i did a google search and they say yes... but i always prefer expert opinions over google...

thanks
-Brad

I believe yes/and no. They are reef safe I might be wrong they can knock over your coral if they want to get to there food.

Back
Top Bottom