38 gallon SaltWater Set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jlabonte

Aquarium Advice Regular
To all,

I am just starting my saltwater tank off and wanted to document it's progress and use this thread as a portal for recommendations.

Goal: FOWLR tank consisting 2 mated clownfish + 3 or 4 other compatible fish TBD

Set-up: hydor pump 750, Marineland bio wheel 170, basic LED lighting, basic heater

Thus far: added about 35 gallons of tap water and 15cups of salt... Salinity is at 1.026 and temperature is at 79F

image-2383955432.jpg

To all,

I am just starting my saltwater tank off and wanted to document it's progress and use this thread as a portal for recommendations.

Goal: FOWLR tank consisting 2 mated clownfish + 3 or 4 other compatible fish TBD

Set-up: hydor pump 750, Marineland bio wheel 170, basic LED lighting, basic heater

Thus far: added about 35 gallons of tap water and 15cups of salt... Salinity is at 1.026 and temperature is at 79F

Looking good, now its time for that dreadful, boring, tormenting cycle :) have fun!

Also bought 40lbs of sand and 50lbs of dry rock from reefrocks.net but STILL waiting for them to be delivered... Been over 2 weeks :(

I can add that in immediately when I get it right?

Also bought 40lbs of sand and 50lbs of dry rock from reefrocks.net but STILL waiting for them to be delivered... Been over 2 weeks :(

I can add that in immediately when I get it right?

If you're done adding salt mix to the water than yes id say go ahead and add them. If its been over 2wks and you're still waiting for this order. Id call or email and try to get a tracking number

Oh believe me haha I called and emailed many times. Left numerous voicemails and even started a "reefrocks.net" thread and many buyers got the same cold shoulder treatment. All and all people say it arrives beautifully but takes forever.

I will continue to call and leave a voicemail everyday :)

Note I also just put the salt in yesterday. It has been 24 hours of tank setup.

Oh believe me haha I called and emailed many times. Left numerous voicemails and even started a "reefrocks.net" thread and many buyers got the same cold shoulder treatment. All and all people say it arrives beautifully but takes forever.

I will continue to call and leave a voicemail everyday :)

Note I also just put the salt in yesterday. It has been 24 hours of tank setup.

Wow id be getting a little angry at this point. I hate waiting for packages to be delivered haha. Have you got a refractometer? If so, test your salinity. If its okay than you're good to add sand and rock. You basically don't wanna add salt directly into the tank if there's sand in there already, always a possibility of salt never full dissolving.

Back
Top Bottom