!50 Gal Ready for buddies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thoughtcop22

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone!
New to forums in general so I hope I am utilizing the correct one!:)
Previously had a successful 55 gal community but this is a big step. So far though everything is going very well!

150 gal
Refugium sump (Aqueon proflex model 4)
Eshopps dual overflow
Supreme classic mag pump MD 9.5
130 Lbs Fiji live rock
90 LBs fiji pink
2 Koralia mag 6

Just finished cycle and I had to change my stock list a little to recent neighborly adoption!
Received 3 tomato clowns and a scooter blennie
Interested in:
Flame hawkfish
Foxface (one spot)
Yellow tang, however tank is still pretty new and I am concerned with when to add him if at all
Linckia sea star (all i have had in the past were fancy stars and the basic sand sifter) Does the color of the Linckia matter?

Also looking at CUC
Any other suggestions on livestock would be great! Want lots of color and personality goes a long way!

Hello,welcome to the forum
Nice tank you have..the footprint(looks like 4x2 in your avatar) isn't ideal for active fish like a yellow tang so i may think of another choice..3 clowns in one tank may not work,,especially 3 tomatos
I love flamehawks ,but a cuc may be in danger with him..
foxface would work well in your tank
A star needs an established system,,i'd say at least a year..plus a hawk may pick it to death
good luck and have fun

Any luck for anyone with dragonettes and prepared foods? I'm a long way off from one yet but they are beautiful!

I have one and today and I've been quite successful with her, but I bought an ORA one so I had some sort of head start I think.

Right that's what I've read so far. That's why I specifically asked about the Ora people. Personality and tank mates compatible in your tank Carey? Any issues?

All my tanks are in complete harmony at the moment. I've only ever had one aggression issue and that was solved by moving the fish to another tank. :)

I do however have concerns that I will have some issues soon though. I plan on moving a tomini tang from qt any day now and am afraid my current yellow tang will bully it. My blue tag wouldnt dare I know that, but the yellow is quite the bossy fish. I suspect there will be some aggression.

Plan on doing it at night with lights out...thinking thats the best way..

Yeah. That's how I always add my guys too. It's nice having multiple tanks to move em around.

Back
Top Bottom