5g Fluval spec saltwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jsauceda

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have decided to give a shot at starting a saltwater aquarium. So for my aquarium I chose a 5 gallon fluval spec V. I was wondering if I could put fish in it as I have seen some 5gallons with an ocelaris clownfish and a misbar percula I have also seen one with an true percula clownfish and a fire fish along with a fire shrimp and a striped skunk shrimp. In my aquarium right now I have a Pom Pom crab an Astraea snail and as for corals I have a trumpet coral, ricordea mushroom, Kenya tree, green star polyp, and some mystery coral

Hi I have decided to give a shot at starting a saltwater aquarium. So for my aquarium I chose a 5 gallon fluval spec V. I was wondering if I could put fish in it as I have seen some 5gallons with an ocelaris clownfish and a misbar percula I have also seen one with an true percula clownfish and a fire fish along with a fire shrimp and a striped skunk shrimp. In my aquarium right now I have a Pom Pom crab an Astraea snail and as for corals I have a trumpet coral, ricordea mushroom, Kenya tree, green star polyp, and some mystery coral

Clownfish get to large for long term in a 5 gallon. Really most fish aren't too happy in a 5 gallon. I'd look at neon gobies or a clown goby.

I was thinking maybe a striped clingfish but others have said they are difficult to take care of but it would be one of the only animals in my tank

I was thinking maybe a striped clingfish but others have said they are difficult to take care of but it would be one of the only animals in my tank

I have no experience with them. You can probably get away with a single 1-2" max size fish and some inverts. There are several gobies that will work.

Back
Top Bottom