8 compatible different fish for reef tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltyfever

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
have 90 gallon salt tank. would like to put 8 fish in it, but no schooling fish. I am going to have a few corals and would like a yellow stripe maroon clown and a green spotted mandarin dragonette( i know this one will come later). I would like to have a feather duster and a pistol shrimp. need compatibility help because all websites and books seem to have some conflicting info. I just don't want a lot of the same fish. please help, all suggestions are welcomed :D

maroon clown
yellow tang
bi color blenny
royal gramma
some variation of a faity wrasse
mandarin
2-3 green chromis

Give you a nice colorful and hardy selection for a beginner.

thank you. i have heard that some of the wrasses will jump out the tank, could i do a dwarf angel instead if i introduced it last?

dwarf angels are hit and miss with your corals. Probobly ok, but may nip at your corals. Up to you to take the chance. But would work fine fish wise.

I would add the clown maroon clown last.

can be aggressive, and keep in mind, it will be very hard to add a Mandarin to tank, it will be a while and if anything is aggressive it could very well be picked on.

Mike

Cinamon or skunk are two different ones that are pretty cool. Or be really cool and get the black percs. They are nemo, but jet black. Cool looking fish.

I like the yellow eyed Kole tang. That would be good for that size tank. Also a goby would be nice. Maybe a black sailfin blenny. I have pics in my gallery if you want to see what they look like.

Back
Top Bottom