A Little Scare

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just had a bit of a scare and now I am wondering what is going on. First the parameters as of a couple minutes ago.

Temp 79
PH 8.2
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
35 Gal Tank with live rock, live sand, canister filter and two clowns I put in last Friday. (parameters have been fine all week)

Came home tonight and glanced at the tank to see that both clowns seemed to be swimming around normal. About 10 minutes later I saw movement in the rocks out of the corner of my eye. One of the clowns looked like he was wedged. I tapped the glass and he moved freely but moved up under a large rock where he was surrounded on three sides. Then I notice the other fish seemed to be moving odd. My fear was that AM had spiked somehow. so I decided to do a test. While getting a water sample both came out and started swimming normal. After the test, I fed them and they ate great and are swimming as normal. I should add that they typically (at least this first week) swim in the upper half of the tank in open water and have never explored any of the rock that I have noticed.

As I said, everything looks great right now but I would just like to figure out was happening. Yes, I know I need to do a water change with Nitrate at 20. I was waiting on my RO/DI filter to arrive (came today) so I could do it right.

The water change should make things fine. But don't be tempted to take out more than 20% of your water.

Not long after my original post they both started doing just fine. Now after adding the 6 Line Wrasse they have been drawn out of the corner and are all over the tank. LOL They seem to be fat, dumb and happy. Kind of like me. :)

They will find a place in the tank to call home and hang around that area my two took a little time but both stay close to a coral and rock

They will find a place in the tank to call home and hang around that area my two took a little time but both stay close to a coral and rock

They used to hang at the top of the tank but over the past week or so they are starting to come down and explore the rock a bit more. Wish I had a nice coral for them to host with should they desire. Oh well, they just have to wait until I can get to the point. LOL Saw a very nice $10.00 frag the other day that was really more than a frag. I may try to pick it up this weekend if she still has it. This LFS was not my favorite at first but the more I go back there the more I think it is going to be the one. She just doesn't have a big inventory but her coral prices are the best. Comparable to on-line without the shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom