Achilles Tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jessethebody101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Do you think an achilles tang would do good in a 110?My tank has been healthy for a long time.I also do not have anything that could be agressive with the fish.Anybody have any answers????????

Do you have any other tangs in your tank? if so do not add him in. Also, I would QT him for 6 weeks to make sure he doesn't carry any parasites since you say your tank is healthy and running great for a while. They are ich magnets too, so any fish you may have that will stress it, can cause it to come down with the problem often.

I have had a few tangs in my tank ad none of them have EVER fought.I have a Purple Tang,a Yellow Tang,a Lollipop tang,and a Hippo Tang.They play tag but they don't fight.Do you think this would be oK???

I have had a few tangs in my tank ad none of them have EVER fought.I have a Purple Tang,a Yellow Tang,a Lollipop tang,and a Hippo Tang.They play tag but they don't fight.Do you think this would be oK???

OH YEAH, I have severaland they do the same thing. I would warn you not to add anymore tangs in your tank if they have been thier for a while since they will attack it. Also, the way you know that they are fighting and not chasing each other is if the fins are cut and frail and you see any cuts on them since Tangs have scapelsthey use to attack.

achillies tangs usually travel large distances in the wild in very turbulent water i wouldn't put one in a tank any smaller than 300 gallons.

i have read in a book that even this would be small they are demanding and among tangs one of the most.

Back
Top Bottom