affordable led lighting for 48 IN LONG 75gal tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all I'm looking into upgrading my lighting to led. Are there any affordable systems that will do the job. Right now I'm all fowlr but would like to be able to go reef at some point. I have 75 gal tank.

Check out Taotronics. Two of them with shipping should be 300.00. 400.00 if you want dimmable models. They sell them on Amazon.

I have 1 130w non dimmable. With both blue and white. I plan to get another soon. My tank is 48 wide.

SRC

Attachments

• image-3892226680.jpg
    image-3892226680.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 87
Yeah, that is them. Man, prices have really dropped on those guys. Gratz on that! Just be careful, those things are powerful. Make sure they are hung high and that you acclimate corals to them carefully so you don't burn them to death.

OK I may go that route. I only have I cluster of ducons now. Will the light change effect the fish at all? Also for lunar light would I just leave the blues on and shut if whites. Thanks for all the help

No, moonlighting and actinics are 2 different creatures. Leaving the actinics on would be like living in the arctic circle and have 6 months of light. Moonlighting is a different spectrum and are very low wattage, as it is mostly to make us happy. There have been claims it helps things to have a moonlight stage, but not much proven research that I've seen.

OK what would I be looking for to get the lunar lights. I like being able to see the night only stuff too could I buy something seperate or do I need them in the fixture.

I bought a seperate setup for my lunars. I got a nice strip of led lunars for 50 bucks that I love. Can't recall the name of them, but got them from saltwaterfish.com I believe.

Back
Top Bottom