Am i jumping the gun?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds like you're getting there! If nitrates are rising and the other two are stable then I'd say it's time for fish!
For food, I used marine cuisine for a while, but then started making my own by mixing seafood in a food processor. More upfront cost, but more cost effective. In a pinch, I feed formula two pellets and formula one flakes.

QT day 1

1.030 salinity
Ammo-.25 ppm
Nitrite-0
not exactly what I was hoping.the salt stuck to the container and so I got panicky and added to much salt...Will high salinity affect the parameters?Also just a note to self get RODI unit.Cuz now I need more water to adjust the salinity.Good news is my dt is ready to go!I found a good Supplier while I was in Salt Lake bad news is he is 4 hrs away...Oh well it will totally be worth it!:)

Day 8 qt

Ammo-1ppm
Nitrite-.25 ppm
Nothing to report just waiting...Next day is 11.

12-31-13 qt-day 11 question about powerheads

Ammo-1ppm
Nitrite-1ppm
I have been looking into filters for my qt and have decided to use 2 corner sponge filters rated for 20g. My question is do i just hook them up to an air pump for aeration or should I add a powerhead as well?

question about a smell in my display tank

I haven't been doing much with my display tank since I added the Coralline plates and started focusing on my qt. Still no sign of any algae growth and my tank water smells like dirt.Is that normal?I am thinking about removing the algae plates will this help?I think the algae was dead when I added it because I didn't receive them in a timely manner.The delivery people kept coming while I was at work and when I picked it up myself it had been almost a week since the first delivery attempt.

It sounds to me like you have a slight decomp smell. It might be coming from the decomp of that algae, but TBH removing it won't change much other than moving the smell. If there is any life left in them, keeping it out of water won't bring it back. Just keep pushing on. The smell goes away over time from my experience.

day 14 qt

1ppm ammo
1ppm nitrite
purchased 2 sponge filters,air pump,tubing and connectors,and a powerhead.

Back
Top Bottom